Erectile dysfunction treatment
Improperly called impotence, erectile dysfunction is a male sexual problem characterized by the inability to achieve or maintain an erection suitable to allow satisfactory sexual performance.
The causes of erectile dysfunction are heterogeneous and numerous, resulting in nervous, endocrine and vascular alterations: alcoholism, cardiovascular diseases, anxiety, atherosclerosis, drugs, hypertension, Parkinson’s, and metabolic syndrome stress, smoking.
Treatment for ED
The doctor will make sure that you are receiving adequate treatment for diseases that could cause or worsen erectile dysfunction.
Depending on the cause and severity of erectile dysfunction and pre-existing health conditions, you may have several treatment options. The doctor can explain the risks and benefits of each treatment and will take into account your preferences. Your partner’s preferences may also influence your treatment.
What to do
- Follow relaxation and meditation courses (e.g., yoga ): states of anxiety and stress often aggravate erectile dysfunction. Therefore relaxation can promote erection
- If necessary lose weight: obesity can predispose a patient to erectile dysfunction
- Use condoms or other safe contraceptive methods: such behavior reduces anxiety and fear of contracting sexually transmitted diseases
- Talking openly with the partner about the problem: in the couple, communication is essential to face any disorder together, including erectile dysfunction
- If necessary, follow a couple of therapy
- ” Training sexual pleasure “: Kegel exercises can promote an erection and control ejaculation
- Doing sports always: physical exercise seems to play a fundamental role in controlling erections since it increases blood flow, decreases stress and helps maintain the ideal weight
- Acupuncture: Some patients find a remedy for erectile dysfunction by undergoing acupuncture
- When erectile dysfunction creates severe difficulties in the relationship, it is recommended to undergo more thorough medical tests to understand its causes:
- general blood chemistry evaluation with testosterone and prolactin dosage
- intracavernous injection of vasoactive drugs ( penile echo-color Doppler )
- dynamic cavernography
- dynamic selective arteriography of the penile arteries
What NOT to do
- Cigarette smoking, alcoholism and sedentary lifestyle: these three elements increase the risk of erectile dysfunction; therefore patients subject to this disorder should refrain from smoking and alcohol, devoting themselves to regular exercise
- Consume large meals: especially before intercourse, a too abundant lunch or dinner could prevent or hinder an erection, especially in predisposed patients
- Modulate the dosage of a drug without medical advice. Although some active ingredients may hinder the maintenance of an erection (e.g., medications for prostate cancer treatment or prostatic hypertrophy ), it is recommended to always discuss with your doctor before changing the dosage or suspending the use of a drug potentially responsible for erectile dysfunction
- Don’t admit the trouble: hiding the problem behind excuses can cause serious relationship problems
- Drug addiction: abuse of illegal drugs can cause severe disturbances in the sexual sphere (e.g., erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation )
What to eat
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet: obesity is a risk factor for erectile dysfunction
- Consume light food, especially before night rest
- Take foods rich in bioflavonoids ( lemons, grapefruit, grapes ), beneficial for controlling ejaculatory impulses. Erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation are two closely related male ailments
- The consumption of foods advertised as aphrodisiacs can sometimes increase sexual desire and improve its performance: asparagus, avocado, champagne, fig, almond, chili pepper, oysters, mollusks, etc.
What NOT to eat
- Poor glycemic control can promote diabetes: diabetic disease and erectile dysfunction are two closely related phenomena. Therefore it is recommended to consider the consumption of sweets
- Avoid eating difficult-to-digest foods such as sauces, fries and high-fat foods (especially before intercourse)
- Limit the consumption of foods rich in caffeine ( coffee, chocolate, cocoa, sodas based on cola, mate, guarana ). Their stimulating effect can aggravate erectile dysfunction, reducing the time necessary to produce the ejaculatory stimulus (therefore predisposing premature ejaculation)
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet
- Regularly perform Kegel exercises: the domination of the pubococcygeus muscle in the male predisposed to erectile dysfunction allows to manage the erection and the ejaculatory impulses, postponing the orgasm
- Playing sports and exercise: sedentary lifestyle can predispose a person to erectile dysfunction
Oral medications for ED
Oral medications are an effective treatment for erectile dysfunction for many men. Some of them are:
- Sildenafil (Viagra)
- Tadalafil (Adcirca, Cialis)
- Vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn)
- Avanafil (Stendra)
All four drugs enhance the effects of nitric oxide, a natural chemical produced by the body, and relax the muscles of the penis. This drug increases blood supply and enables an erection to be achieved in response to sexual stimulation.
Taking one of these tablets will not cause an erection to occur automatically. Sexual stimulation is first necessary to create the release of nitric oxide from the penile nerves. These medications amplify that signal, allowing some men to function normally. Oral erectile dysfunction medications are not aphrodisiacs, do not cause arousal, and are unnecessary for men who have normal erections.
Medications vary in dosage, duration of operation, and side effects. Possible side effects include redness, nasal congestion, headache, visual disturbances, upset stomach, and back pain.
The doctor will consider your particular situation to determine which medication might work best. These medications may not immediately treat your erectile dysfunction. You may need to work with your doctor to find the right medicine and dosage for you.
Before taking any erectile dysfunction medication, such as over-the-counter supplements and herbal medicines, get your doctor’s approval. Erectile dysfunction medications do not work for all men and may be less effective in certain conditions, such as after prostate surgery or diabetes. Some medicines can also be dangerous if the following occurs:
- You take nitrate medications — commonly prescribed for chest pain (angina) —such as nitroglycerin (Minitran, Nitro-Dur, Nitrostat, or others), isosorbide mononitrate (Monoket), and isosorbide dinitrate (Dilatrate-SR, Isordil)
- You have heart disease or heart failure
- You have very low blood pressure (hypotension)
VigRX Plus helps erection
Like the Viagra effect, VigRX increases blood supply and enables an erection to be achieved in response to sexual stimulation. However, VigRX is all-natural ingredients that have been formulated with a series of 10 potent natural erection precursors, aphrodisiacs, and libido enhancers that quickly build up in your system to improve your sexual performance measurably.
Ingredients directly target nitric oxide levels, helping to relax the smooth muscle tissue of the corpus cavernosa (the two long cylindrical tubes in the penis) and its associated arterioles to increase blood flow to the penis, resulting in noticeably thicker, fuller erections.
Plus, it includes a series of potent testosterone boosters and aphrodisiacs, many centuries old. They are known for giving men a big boost of sexual desire and other noticeable improvements in sexual health and function.
See more detail about VigRX plus
Vacuum Device for Erectile dysfunction
Natural treatment indicated for patients who have erectile dysfunction or impotence. The vacuum pump is a device designed to achieve an erection in a mechanical, safe, non-invasive, and quite effective way without the need to resort to drugs.
The Erectile dysfunction pump creates a vacuum for blood to flow through the corpora cavernosa and causes the erection of the limb. One of the constriction rings slides down the shaft of the penis. This ring prevents blood from flowing back out of the penis when the cylinder is removed and also maintains the erection.
Benefits of Vacuum Device Erectile Dysfunction Therapy
- Natural treatment
- Lower risk and side effects than other treatments
- Compatible with other treatments