How to increase a man’s libido
Libido, or sex drive, naturally varies between individuals. If You wish to boost your libido, you can try many ways of effective natural methods. Many factors affect your libidos, such as Anxiety, relationship difficulties, health concerns, and age. While low libido is not usually problematic, it can affect a person’s relationships and self-esteem.
Many men are looking for ways to enhance their sexual performance. Libido can include improving existing problems or searching for new ways to keep your partner happy. There are plenty of male enhancement pills on the market, but there are many simple ways to stay firmer and last longer without having to visit the pharmacy.
Boosting libido in males
Libido in men is often related to testosterone levels, which will naturally decline as men age. Testosterone replacement therapy can help some men.
In men with testosterone deficiency or hypogonadism, testosterone replacement therapy can improve libido, reduce depression, and improve erectile function.
There is little evidence to suggest that certain foods or supplements increase a person’s testosterone levels and sexual function. Some research suggests that zinc, vitamin D, and omega-3 fatty acids may be important dietary components for testosterone.
12 Natural ways to increase libido
1. Managing Stress and anxiety
Performance anxiety is perhaps one of the factors that most commonly cause Low sex desire and erectile dysfunction. Around 50% of the world’s male population is subjected to strong stress at least once in a lifetime. Expenses, work, deadlines, and contingencies are an integral part of the daily routine. The inability to handle such situations can also adversely affect the sexual sphere. Try these when you’re feeling anxious or stressed:
- Take a time-out. Practice yoga, listen to music, meditate, get a massage, or learn relaxation techniques. Stepping back from the problem helps clear your head.
- Welcome humor. A good laugh goes a long way.
- Maintain a positive attitude. Make an effort to replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
- Get involved. Volunteer or find another way to be active in your community, which creates a support network and a break from everyday stress.
- Learn what triggers your anxiety. Is it work, family, school, or something else you can identify? Write in a journal when you’re feeling stressed or anxious, and look for a pattern.
- Talk to someone. Tell friends and family you’re feeling overwhelmed, and let them know how they can help you. Talk to a physician or therapist for professional help.
2. Sleep helps your sex
Men who sleep less than five hours a night have a drop in testosterone levels, which can lead to a decline in sex drive. One in 3 adult Americans is not sleeping enough. Sexual problems are also common, with around 45 percent of women and 31 percent of men worried about their sex life. Although they may appear to be two distinct issues, they are indeed closely related.
How are sex and sleep-related? The answer seems obvious: generally, we sleep and have sex in the same place. Less obvious but more important is the fact that low libido and sleep disturbances have typical causes, including stress. In particular, lack of sleep can cause sexual problems, and a lack of sex can cause sleep problems. On the other hand, a good night’s sleep can promote greater interest in sex, and orgasm can facilitate good sleep.
3. Improve relationship quality
Focusing on improving the relationship can increase each partner’s sexual desire. Communication is essential for building trust. It’s important to prevent resentments from building up. Good communication is a cornerstone of a healthy relationship, establishing a dialogue is the first step not only to better sex life but also to a closer emotional bond.
4. Focus on foreplay and Try different positions
Foreplay is the arousal of sexual energy. If you’re into that engaging in kissing and cuddling is essential for maintaining an emotional and physical bond.
Developing a repertoire of different sexual positions not only adds interest to lovemaking but can also help overcome problems. For example, the increased stimulation to the G-spot that occurs when a man enters his partner from behind can help the woman reach orgasm.
4. Eat a nutritious diet
Eating a diet high in vegetables, low in sugars, and lean proteins can help prevent ailments that affect libido. You must eat well-balanced meals. Do not skip any meals. Do keep healthful, energy-boosting snacks on hand.
Oysters, chocolate, figs, chili peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, pomegranate juice, avocado, and eggs are all foods that can improve the predisposition to sex. Science has not yet drawn any definitive conclusions in this regard, but it is not harmful to try. On the contrary, some foods are believed to be dangerous for this purpose, including industrially processed baked goods, dairy products, and soybeans.
5. Eat these meats and other foods
Here are some more foods that can help you achieve better blood flow:
- Omega-3 fatty acids. This type of fat increases blood flow. You can find it in salmon, tuna, avocados, and olive oil.
- Vitamin B-1. This vitamin helps signals in your nervous system move quicker, including signals from your brain to your penis. It’s found in pork, peanuts, and kidney beans.
- Eggs. High in other B vitamins, eggs help balance hormone levels. This can decrease stress that often inhibits an erection.
6. Try herbal remedies
Certain herbal can help you increase blood flow
- Onions and garlic. These foods may not be great for your breath, but they can help your blood circulation.
- Chilies and peppers. All-natural spicy foods help your blood flow by reducing hypertension and inflammation.
- Ginseng extracts, standardized in ginsenosides, are entirely known for their actions on muscle tone, energy, libido, and stress reduction. This adaptogenic plant restores physical and emotional balance and can stimulate NO production by acting on the central nervous system.
- Ginkgo biloba acts on blood circulation and improves vascularization in the male and female pelvic areas. By strengthening the action of nitric oxide synthase, it increases the NO levels and, therefore, the vasodilation. Its effect on erectile function has been particularly proven in people taking antidepressants.
7. Supplements for sex drive
Among the plants effective in increasing libido and male sexual performance, it is possible to mention:
- The fruit of Tribulus Terrestris, growing in Eastern Europe. It has been used in traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years to treat erectile dysfunctions caused by the decrease in testosterone and libido. Several clinical studies have recorded a significant increase in testosterone levels in men whose percentage has naturally decreased. Without being hormones, its active substances seem to have all its effects. In particular, protodioscin stimulates the Leydig cells of the testes that produce free testosterone. The result is the amplification of libido, without side effects, an increase in erection thanks to the relaxation of smooth muscles, an increase in the release of nitrogen monoxide, and a better flow of blood in the corpora cavernosa.
- Muira Puama ( Acanthea Virilis ) has long been used in South America as an aphrodisiac and sexual tonic and has been the subject of two clinical studies. This plant, by increasing vasodilation, improves the frequency, the intensity of desire, and erectile dysfunction.
- Tongkat Ali ( Eurycoma Longifolia ) doubles the levels of free testosterone by reducing SHBG levels. Therefore, the desire grows, and sexual performance intensifies, like a “little blue pill,” while positively influencing the synthesis of sexual pheromones.
- Rhodiola Rosea, also known as Siberian ginseng, increases resistance to stress and fights fatigue. Studies conducted in Russia have concluded that its consumption improves erectile function in 85% of cases. There is a tradition that a bouquet of Rhodiola Rosea is given to the bride and groom just before their wedding night.
- The velvet bean is an Ayurvedic plant rich in L-dopa, the primary precursor of dopamine. It activates the reward circuits and pleasure, in turn, precursors of norepinephrine associated with the supervision and sexual behavior.
- Epidemium ( Epimedium Sagittatum), particularly the flavonoid icariin and acaricide II (its bioactive form in vivo), contains it. These substances are commonly used to increase libido, desire, sexual vigor, and promote sperm production. Icariin positively influences testosterone production and some cases of erectile dysfunction. It increases blood flow by acting on the smooth muscle cells of the corpora cavernosa (inhibiting some enzymes responsible for erection loss) and stimulating all nerve fibers in the genital area.
- The Avena Sativa contains an alkaloid, avenin, which chemically resembles testosterone. It binds to SHBG by releasing active testosterone. So libido has increased, the feelings of pleasure and orgasms increase tenfold.
- The bark of Catuaba ( Erythroxylum Catuaba ) acts on the central nervous system. It is the best-known aphrodisiac in Brazil, where natives have used it for hundreds of years.
- L-arginine and L-citrulline, two non-essential amino acids. L-arginine is known because it promotes the production of nitrogen monoxide. L-citrulline, naturally present in some edible plants, increases the levels of L-arginine and, therefore, indirectly influences the production of NO. Citrulline supplementation increases arginine levels more than taking L-arginine alone as it is not metabolized in the liver. L-citrulline, therefore, exerts a retarding effect on the production of L-arginine, with peaks exceeding 227% after 4 hours, compared to 90% obtained with the intake of L-arginine alone. The synergy, as mentioned above, facilitates more intense erection and prolonged orgasms.
- The vitamins of group B, and in particular vitamin B3 also acts on the vasodilation of blood vessels. Vitamin B is essential for the synthesis of hormones and for the production of histamine, which participates in the orgasm’s sensations.
- Magnesium, essential for the management of the stress that can occur following a succession of failures, is critical for the synthesis of NO. Also, low levels of magnesium are found in men suffering from premature ejaculation.
- Phenylethylamine is a monoamine alkaloid (an endogenous Neuroamine) naturally synthesized in the brain from an essential amino acid, L-phenylalanine. It is present in cocoa and the blue-green alga, the Klamath. If taken orally, it quickly crosses the blood-brain barrier and is immediately available in the brain, where the concentration of norepinephrine (a natural stimulant) and, above all, dopamine increases. Its intake generates a very rapid sense of well-being. This substance, called the “drug of love” because it is mainly produced in the brain in the case of intense joy or heated debates, represents an effective remedy for improving libido and romantic predispositions without any contraindications, addictions, or side effects.
8. Try eating certain fruits
Certain foods can also help you increase blood flow. They include:
Bananas. This potassium-rich fruit can help lower your blood pressure, which can benefit your important sexual parts and boost sexual performance.
Figs and avocados, for example, are considered libido-boosting foods, known as aphrodisiacs.
But these foods also provide essential vitamins and minerals that can increase blood flow to the genitals and promote a healthy sex life.
9. Get regular exercise
Exercise sets testosterone production in motion, and a low concentration of this hormone is known to be a significant cause of reduced libido.
- If you want to get the best benefits in terms of testosterone release from weight lifting, work on the main muscle groups by doing compound exercises, such as bench presses, squats or barbell curls. After an hour of training, the body starts producing cortisol, which neutralizes testosterone. For this reason, your exercise routine should never exceed 60 minutes.
- Cardio activity increases testosterone levels and helps manage specific ailments that can make an erection physiologically difficult, such as hypertension, high cholesterol, and obesity.
- Yoga is believed to be particularly useful at increasing arousal. Proponents of this practice claim that it offers all the benefits of other techniques, but it also increases blood flow in the pelvic area and manages anxiety.
10. Maintain a healthful weight
Over Diet: It’s okay to keep weight under control, but there is no need to go hungry. An extreme calorie restriction has a negative impact on sexual life because it lacks energy.
Overweight: From a sexological point of view, for example, it is necessary to immediately notice if a man who complains of a decrease in sexual desire and performance, beyond many other influential causes or variables, is in an overweight or obesity condition. Science has been supporting it for some time: overweight and obesity increase the probability of facing various health problems, from heart attack to type 2 diabetes, from high blood pressure to respiratory issues, to tumors.
There is one more problem for men: several studies have shown a worrying association between excess weight and erectile dysfunction.
Also, obese people often have low testosterone levels in their blood. This hormone regulates, among other things, sexual desire, which tends to disappear in parallel with a significant decrease.
Besides, the low amount of testosterone can also associate with depressive states, both as a cause and an effect. If we think that the lack of sexual desire is a typical symptom, together with others, of a depressed mood, we understand how important it is for a man (and also for a woman) to keep a healthy amount of testosterone.
Eating a healthy diet and getting regular exercise can help achieve this, as well as boost a person’s overall energy levels.
11. Quit smoking and Too much Alcohol
Cigarette smoking can harm a person’s cardiovascular system. Good heart health is essential for proper sexual functioning. People who smoke cigarettes may find that their energy levels and sexual desire increase after they quit smoking.
Drugs, especially cocaine and ecstasy, can reduce libido, as well as alcohol abuse. When you drink, try to limit yourself to red wine. Research has shown that limited consumption of this drink increases arousal, probably because it improves blood circulation.
12. See the Sex therapist
The Sex therapist can recognize the origins of your difficulties and provide you with useful guidance to deal with and overcome them. Get your partner involved if you have one. You must work together to achieve the same goal and be aware of how to make it.
Trial and error
There are a variety of different approaches that may enhance your libido naturally. However, it’s important to remember that every couple is different. It may take a little experimentation to find out what works best for you.
Causes of low libido in men
Other parameters may play a role in the inability to achieve or maintain a sufficient erection. The latter implies not only vascular parameters but also hormonal and nervous ones:
- stress, anxiety, and lack of sleep significantly reduce testosterone levels in favor of cortisol.
- Being overweight, since aromatase, the enzyme that converts testosterone to present in subcutaneous fat.
- Taking certain medications (antihypertensives, antihistamines, cholesterol-lowering agents).
- Serious illnesses, such as cancer and depression, can alter any thoughts of sex.
- Cardiovascular disease, hypertension, and diabetes can reduce blood flow, including the genitals, causing libido damage.
- The abuse of alcohol and tobacco. Chronic alcoholism and even occasional excessive alcohol consumption are known to inflame desire but prevent performance.
- Condizioni, such as thyroid disorders and tumors of the pituitary gland (which controls most of the production of hormones, including sex hormones) can also reduce libido.
- Depression medications can inhibit cravings, as well as tranquilizers and blood pressure medications. Illicit substances, such as heroin, cocaine, and marijuana, used heavily and chronically, can also cause loss of libido. There are alternative medications for depression and other conditions that can have less impact on sexual desire.
A person may wish to see a doctor for low libido when:
- it appears suddenly or without explanation
- additional symptoms appear, such as high blood pressure or pain
- it occurs after starting a new medication or having surgery
- it causes serious relationship problems or psychological distress
- sex is painful
Remember that desire is at the core of sex if you decide to turn to prescription drugs. It’s important to remember that a little blue pill may not be the answer if emotional issues are affecting your libido